The James E.Shepard Memorial Library has special rules and regulations governing Special Collections for the students, researchers and the community.
- All patrons entering University Archives and Special Collections are required to register at the front desk with a valid Student ID or other valid I.D.
- All researchers are required to alert the University Archives staff when they leave the research room and to return all requested archival materials.
- Only notepaper, note cards,or materials actually in use are allowed on the work tables in the research room.
- All University Archives and Special Collections materials are non-circulating.
- All book bags, briefcases: large purses, packages, outerwear, and the like must be placed in the lockers located outside the area.
- No food or drink is allowed in the area. Smoking is prohibited.
- Cellular telephones and devices must be used outside the area.
- You may be asked to submit for inspection any briefcase, laptop case, or any other purses, book, notebook or other personal property before leaving the premises.
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS RESERVE BOOKS ARE TO BE USED WITHIN THE ARCHIVES AREA – THESE BOOKS DO NOT CIRCULATE OUTSIDE THE BUILDING.